Charity registered in Scotland SC006403
informing, supporting and inspiring single parent families
We aim to encourage and enable parents across Scotland to make the most of the opportunities available to them so they can flourish as happy, healthy and achieving families. One Parent Families Scotland provides help to all single parent families: mums, dads, young parents and kinship carers.
OPFS Edinburgh supports single parents with a range of issues that affect their ability to play a full part in the economic and social life of their communities. As part of that mission, the Edinburgh Lone Fathers Project helps single and separated fathers who might find it difficult to engage with mainstream services.
We aim to support fathers and children to enhance their relationships, reduce isolation by fostering peer support, offer opportunities to engage in outdoor and physical activities, and provide information and activities that help fathers learn more about low cost resources available to them and their children.
This post will include working on behalf of children who are, or are being placed, in the full-primary care of their father and ensure that the family have the support and skills to grow and develop to meet their full potential.
The purpose of the role is to ensure accurate records of all financial transactions in relation to payroll.
Terms & Conditions
1. Period of appointment: Permanent
2. Salary: £22,100-£27,012 per annum, pro rata
3. Hours of work: 14
4. Holidays: Annual leave entitlement is 25 days and 12 public holidays pro rata based on your contracted hours of 14 per week.
5. Pension: If eligible you will be auto-enrolled in our Pension Scheme. Your contribution will be 3% and OPFS will contribute 7%
6. Training, support and supervision: You will receive induction training and frequent support in the first three months. Thereafter you will receive monthly individual support and supervision and annual appraisals.
7. Equal Opportunities and Family Friendly Employment: OPFS aims to be an equal opportunity and family friendly employer. We have Investors in People status and Living Wage accreditation.
The job description is a broad picture of the post at the time of preparation. It is not an exhaustive list of all possible duties, and it is recognised that jobs change and evolve over time.