Charity registered in Scotland SC035936
We are looking for an energetic and passionate individual who will contribute significantly to our work with clients and partners all over the world, providing outstanding customer service. This role will support the International Team and the Head of International in the development of a global network of learning and development Hubs and the coordination of our direct delivery programmes.
With a 15 year track record of successful delivery in Scotland, the Social Enterprise Academy has been sharing its business and learning delivery models for the past 6 years with international partners through a social licence approach. We now have 13 Social Enterprise Academy Hubs at different stages of development in South Africa, Malawi, Rwanda, Zambia, Egypt, Malaysia, Indonesia, Pakistan, India, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Wales. This new role will build on this outstanding foundation.
Having the right values fit, attitude and approach is as important for us as having the right experience and skills. We appreciate that the best person might not have all the listed criteria yet so if you feel your experience and skills will help you to make a great contribution in this role and you have the right mind-set, we would welcome an application from you.
· To provide effective administrative and coordination support to Account Managers, facilitators and learners in the ongoing development and delivery of Academy learning programmes
· To ensure Hub systems and processes are followed and maintained to a high standard
· To make all administrative arrangements connected with the Southern Scotland Hub programmes, providing a professional and efficient level of service
Hub Network Coordination/ Customer Service
· To support the International team in delivering outstanding learning and development around the world.
· To be an efficient and welcoming point of contact for SEA International, ensuring that the Hub network in particular, is well served. This may include scheduling webinars and securing newsletter content.
· To be a resourceful, self-starter who can troubleshoot issues across the Hub network.
· To support annual data collection from the Hub network.
To work with the International Managers, overseas partners and clients to:
· Make the arrangements for learning programmes, activities and events including collating learning materials, booking venues, catering and equipment.
· To liaise closely with and support facilitators to effectively deliver learning programmes.
· As required, recruit and support suitable learners, onto learning programmes and help ensure key learner targets are delivered.
· To coordinate the administration for learners undertaking City and Guilds qualifications.
· To update programme monitoring documents, feedback and evaluations.
· To administer and input all necessary data onto the Learning Management System.
· Book travel, accommodation and arrange visas for the International team and facilitators.
· To contribute, as an integral member of the team, to the development and success of the SEA International.
For a full set of criteria please download the job pack below
The Social Enterprise Academy are looking to recruit new volunteer Board members with varied personal and professional characteristics and experiences who are able to commit to a minimum of 45 hours per year. We are seeking people with shared values around achieving social impact through learning and development but with different ways of thinking and doing things.
Why join the Social Enterprise Academy Board?
This is a unique opportunity to join a motivated and committed Board who are working together to shape the future of a leading learning and development organisation supporting social change.
Given the Academy’s role in national policy discussions and its replication internationally, you will have influence considerably beyond the immediate reach of the Academy.
Through your Board role you will expand your contacts, knowledge and skills, and you will connect with a vibrant and committed group of staff, facilitators and learners in the fast-growing social impact space.
What kind of Board members are we looking for?
As well as having the wider professional skills and experiences that we need, we also want a Board that reflects and understands the people that we serve. Previous Board experience is not essential, nor is a long career at a senior level.
As a Board member you will work with our Chair, fellow Board members and our Chief Executive to contribute towards the future of the organisation. Your work will help ensure that we continue to deliver a high quality service and encourage innovation in learning and enterprise.
You will be legally responsible for the organisation and will be supported in fully understanding how to carry out your role. You will provide ideas, insight, feedback, and will challenge to help increase our reach and impact.
For more information about the role please download the recruitment pack.
We are also holding recruitment information sessions. These will give you the opportunity to hear more about the organisation and will give you the chance to ask questions about your application. You can find details about the sessions in the recruitment pack.
We are looking for an experienced, highly organised and personable Executive PA. This is a new post which will provide an exciting opportunity for the holder to shape and develop over time. You will work in a busy, fast-paced, purpose driven organisation with fantastic colleagues. This key role requires someone who is business savvy and can take a pro-active and mature approach to the role. You will primarily support the Chief Executive, to manage his responsibilities effectively and assist in developing and managing relationships with current and potential stakeholders.
Having the right mind-set, attitude and approach is as important for us as having the right experience and skills. We appreciate that the best person might not have all the listed criteria yet, so if you feel your experience and skills will help you to make a great contribution in this role and you have the right mind-set, we would welcome an application from you.
Purpose of the post
1. To provide professional and efficient executive and administrative support primarily to the Chief Executive supporting him to manage his duties and responsibilities effectively.
2. To assist the Chief Executive in developing and managing relationships with stakeholders.
3. To provide executive and administrative support to the wider Leadership Team and Social Enterprise Board as required.
Chief Executive Support
· Assist the Chief Executive in managing day to day interactions with external stakeholders, acting as the first point of contact, screening and responding appropriately
· Take responsibility for monitoring, overseeing and managing the Chief Executive’s correspondence, diary and meeting schedule, making sure the Chief Executive’s time is well managed and correspondence is actioned appropriately and timeously
· Support the Chief Executive to plan and prepare for presentations, conferences, meetings and events he attends in Scotland and abroad (including for example, booking and setting up meeting rooms and ordering catering, booking appropriate travel, visas, accommodation etc.)
· Log, monitor and support the Chief Executive with actions, tasks and outputs required from him ensuring they are well progressed, (including for example phone calls required, writing up and distributing minutes etc.)
· Collaborate with colleagues to coordinate and provide direct support to the Chief Executive
· Conduct research/analysis providing reports as required
· Manage and process Chief Executive’s expenses and annual leave records within defined timescales
· Arrange monthly one to one meetings and annual reviews for those who report directly to the Chief Executive
· Provide general administration support for the Chief Executive, maintain and develop effective confidential filing systems to ensure the timeous retrieval of files, research and correspondence
Board Meeting Coordination
· Liaise with Board members to arrange Board Meeting dates, book and set up meeting rooms, arrange catering – currently quarterly
· Oversee the collation and sending out of Board papers, ensuring deadlines are met
· Book accommodation for Board members
· Provide support for Board projects on an ad hoc basis
Support for Wider Leadership Team
· Provide executive and administrative support on an ad hoc basis
For a full set of criteria please download the recruitment pack from our website.
Join us to help create a social enterprise in every school in Scotland in the next 8 years.
In their 10 year Strategy for Social Enterprise the Scottish Government announced its ambition to see a social enterprise in every school in Scotland. We have been tasked with leading on the delivery of this goal.
The programme in its entirety is called Social Enterprise Schools which encompasses all of our work with young people.
As part of this programme (during the last twelve years) the Academy has delivered a highly successful and impactful social enterprise in schools programme. We have worked with over 1000 schools across Scotland so far and in that time have seen young people change how they see themselves and grow hugely in confidence, building essential skills for living. We work with nurseries, primary and secondary schools and schools for children with additional needs.
The programme is based on the young people picking a social issue that they care about and building a business to address that issue. It has to be led by pupils, based on a trading / business model, have school wide coverage and be sustainable. Some of the social enterprises we have supported in schools have been going for 6 years or more. We are seeing a profound and positive impact on the young people who take part. Please have a look at our website to review some of the case studies.
Your role will be to support this activity from our Edinburgh head office, supporting Education Facilitators and social entrepreneurs work with the schools to make this vision a reality. As part of a highly motivated team, this opportunity offers variety, satisfaction and a great opportunity to be part of something that is making a difference to Scotland.
Main purpose of the post
To provide excellent customer service, administration and co-ordination skills to aid the team develop relationships with key influencers in Local Authorities, Schools and Social Enterprise Networks and provide administration support for the delivery of our teachers CPD programme.
Key work areas:
If you would like to change the lives of our young people in Scotland for the better and contribute to a more socially conscious and enterprising Scotland we would love to hear from you.
For a full set of criteria please download the recruitment pack.
The Social Enterprise Academy is a social change organisation: we exist to support people who are stepping forward to affect positive social change, wherever they may be. We exist to support the many, not the few.
Through dynamic learning and development programmes facilitated by our network of skilled facilitators, we help entrepreneurship and leadership to flourish in organisations, networks, schools and colleges.
With a 15 year track record of successful delivery in Scotland, the Social Enterprise Academy has been sharing its business and learning delivery models for the past 6 years with international partners through a social licence approach.