A fantastic opportunity has arisen here at Glasgow’s Golden Generation for a ‘Charity Shop Manager’ working 5 days
per week (including some Saturdays) mainly based in our southside Shawlands shop.
The main role is to manage the above charity shop, ensuring efficient & effective management of volunteers,
premises & stock to provide a high-quality retail service and achieve pre-arranged & agreed sales
Note: the candidate must adhere to flexible working conditions and be available to work at the Partick shop at: 185
Dumbarton Road, as & when required.
To ensure that all appropriate standards of security and health and safety are met.
- To maximise shop income and achieve sales targets.
- To ensure that the shop premises are clean and tidy
at all times and that goods are displayed in an attractive and presentable manner.
- To act as key holder,
to open and close the shop for agreed trading hours and ensure that the premises are secure on
- To supervise and support the Charity Shop volunteers, liaising with them concerning volunteer
- To recruit, train, support and supervise the work of the volunteers in the charity shop,
encouraging them to support and take an interest in the work of Glasgow’s Golden Generation.
- To ensure
that the shops are adequately staffed at all times and establish appropriate rotas for volunteers.
generate stock donations to meet sales requirements: accept, sort, price and display stock.
- To take
responsibility for stock control, including disposal of unsold donations at the best possible return.
manage and promote Gift Aid procedures.
- To work with Glasgow’s Golden Generation in publicising and
enhancing the image of the Charity Shops.
- Ensure that all queries about Glasgow’s Golden Generation
services are signposted to its’ main office and that information held at the shop is up to
- Maintain good relations with their public, trade councils, landlords and neighbouring
- To develop a programme of themed window displays.
- To work with the charity to
incorporate other aspects of the charities work at regular intervals in these displays.
- To attend
monthly management meetings.
- To make monthly reports to the CEO on the performance of the shop and its
- To ensure that all Glasgow’s Golden Generation’s administrative and financial procedures are
followed including banking, cash register reconciliation, weekly returns and volunteer records.
- To work
closely with the Shop Area Manager to ensure that any problems in the shop are resolved quickly and
- To ensure that staff and volunteers are aware of and comply with Glasgow Golden
Generation’s Health and Safety Policy.
- To ensure statuary responsibilities are met concerning fire
- To report to the CEO any incidents or potential incidents in the charity shop’s
- To ensure that Glasgow’s Golden Generation Equality and Diversity Policy is adhered
- Any other duties which are consistent with the duties and responsibilities of the post.
Other features of the job
This job description will be reviewed from time to time and may be updated on the changing needs of the charity.