Successful candidates should have experience of working with homelessness and with vulnerable young women and have an understanding of the issues and needs involved. You should ideally hold an SVQ 2/3 or HNC in Health & Social Care.
Full training will be provided.
This is a permanent wakened night post which requires weekend work.
All appointments are subject to PVG membership.
Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010 applies in relation to the occupational requirement for this role.
Elpis is a Glasgow based charity, established in 1974, that provides supported accommodation for vulnerable young women, working closely with Glasgow City Council and a range of other partners. The Board is currently developing exciting and ambitious future plans and seeks 1 or 2 new Board members to join us in continuing to deliver and shape this vital service for young women aged 16 to 25 years. Elpis is especially looking for Board members with skills in marketing and promotions, and/or fundraising. In addition the Board would welcome interest from potential Board members with personal lived experience of the care system. Board meetings are monthly and there are opportunities for Board members to become involved in a range of strategic activities.
For more information, please contact Brian McAlinden (Board Chair) on email@example.com. If you would like to visit Elpis, please contact Mary Carrick (Elpis Manager) on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0141 946 0605
Board members will be responsible for overseeing the strategic direction and effective running of Elpis Trust, ensuring that we meet our charitable objectives and comply with the law
Specifically, Board members:
· Set and maintain the vision, mission and values of the organisation
· Develop direction, strategy and planning
· Ensure the organisation has the structure and resources for its work
· Establish policies and procedures to govern organisational activity, including guidance for the Board and staff
· Establish systems for reporting and monitoring
· Manage risk and ensure compliance and accountability with the governing document, external regulators and the law
· Make certain that the financial affairs of the organisation are conducted properly and are accurately reported
In addition to the above duties, each Board member should use any specific skills, knowledge or experience they have to help the Board of Trustees in reaching sound decisions.