A career that's life-changing
We offer a highly competitive salary, with a minimum of 29 days leave plus bank holidays, regular and supportive supervision, season ticket travel loan facility, interest free Development Loans and discounts at major high street retailers. Plus, there are a lot more besides.
Action for Children
Every year, Action for Children impacts on the lives of 310,000 children, young people and their families across the UK, through our professional and committed workforce of c.4300.
This is a significant opportunity to develop a UK-wide leadership of safeguarding children issues. This role will see you provide whole organisational safeguarding expertise through advice, support, quality controls and face to face and online mechanisms. You will develop Action for Children's safeguarding plan and support the Director of Practice Improvement in ensuring that best practice is followed in work with children and families, recruitment, retention and management of staff, foster carers and volunteers and that safeguarding needs of children inform all our priorities.
The role will see you:
· Lead, develop and implement service specific and related policies, procedures, practice standards and guidance, ensuring these are maintained and up to date.
· Support the Director of Practice Improvement to ensure that all cross-cutting issues relating to safeguarding are identified and addressed.
· Lead, commission and contribute to improvement projects as necessary to support the safeguarding of children and young people and improve outcomes of vulnerable service users, in line with best practice and outcomes.
· Lead the development of best practice in services by embedding of safeguarding practice through networks of managers and practitioners responsible for local and operational safeguarding matters.
· Develop Action for Children's voice by way of relationships with key partners in the sector
What are we looking for in the person?
· Qualification in Social Work - Registered Qualified Social Worker
· At least 3 years' management experience in a children's services setting with responsibility for safeguarding and child protection
· Experience of staff management
· Detailed understanding of legislation, guidance and regulations relevant to safeguarding children across the UK
· Experience of managing projects to achieve positive change for children
· Successful experience of achieving change through use of influence without direct line management responsibilities
· Experience of using an outcomes-focused approach to service delivery and quality assurance
· Experience of management of budgets
· Excellent report writing skills
· Experience of effective communication with internal departments and external agencies
· Ability to lead major new initiatives as required
· Able to travel across UK, including staying overnight when required, as this post has UK wide responsibilities
Be part of something different!
Following a review of ministry requirements to complement traditional parish ministry, The Ministries Council of the Church of Scotland is pleased to be able to recruit for this role.
Main Purpose of post: To work with the Minister, as a member of the Ministry Team, and the Kirk Session to provide the full range of Parish Ministry to the St Columba’s congregation.
This roles is varied and will allow you to use your gifts, skills and experience to make a difference to the lives of people in our parishes and communities.