As Facilities Manager you will manage a small team of Facilities staff including the Refuge & Admissions and Payments & Income Facilities Workers and Cleaner. You will hold Health and Safety responsibilities for DWA, ensuring employees and clients operate within legal, regulatory and DWA standards and policies. You will also hold responsibility for ensuring DWA premises including offices, refuges, associated gardens and outhouses, are well-maintained, safe and meet legislative requirements.
Around since 1923, SAMH is Scotland’s national mental health charity.
SAMH has represented the voice of people most affected by mental health problems in Scotland for more than 90 years.
Today, in over 60 communities we work with adults and young people providing mental health social care support, services in primary care, schools and further education, among others. These services together with our national programme work in See Me, respectme, suicide prevention and active living; inform our policy and campaign work to influence positive social change.
SAMH is dedicated to mental health and wellbeing for all: with a vision of a society where people are able to live their lives fully, regardless of present or past circumstances.
In response to the Coronavirus pandemic, the Scottish Government has announced an extension to the programme of Distress Brief Intervention (DBI) across Scotland. The extended programme will be available for 12 months to support people whose mental health has been impacted as a result of the pandemic and the resulting changes that have arisen. The referral route will be via NHS 24 at level 1, and SAMH has been appointed to deliver the level 2 service and are presently looking to recruit DBI practitioners to provide a Level 2 DBI service to Greater Glasgow and Clyde, Fife and Forth Valley
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for a wide range of administrative and office support activities for the Service to ensure systems are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner. This will include provision of direct administrative support for line management, supporting the administration of referrals that come to the service and the timely completion of any financial elements of the contracts delivered by the team. There will also be a high reporting element to the role providing detailed statistics to the national DBI team.
This post will be home based during the current government restrictions, subject to ongoing review.
This is a opportunity to work in a team making a difference to people by supporting them to achieve identified outcomes during a difficult period in their lives. You will be able to demonstrate effective communication and organisational skills and previous administration experience working with Microsoft Word and Excel to an intermediate or advanced level is essential.
The Miracle Foundation is a charity for children and young people who have experienced bereavement and trauma. We are looking for a technically minded individual to help with everyday administration work as well as budget planning for our growing organisation. This is an opportunity to join an established and knowledgeable team, working in a varied role that will encompass both accounts and general administration duties.
Duties will include:
Skills and experience:
The post is funded for 2 years and is subject to securing additional funding after this time.
The Supporter Care Advisor plays an integral part in a team delivering a first class, professional customer service through human triage, using a range of communication methods to ensure that where possible customer enquiries, donations and complaints are resolved at the first point of contact.
As the Supporter Care Advisor you would be responsible for:
• Being the first point of contact for supporters and members of the public dealing with a wide range of enquiries via phone, email, web chat, social media and letter
• Providing excellent customer service by putting the supporter at the heart of everything we do
• Capture data and feedback accurately to help identify trends and new ways of working
• Thanking supporters for their generous donations by creating bespoke acknowledgements within agreed time frames.
• Providing first line Advocacy support
This is a great opportunity joining a vibrant and lively team working together to provide a fantastic service for those living with and affected by diabetes. The role provides a fantastic insight into Supporter Care with a strong training programme and opportunities to develop.
We are looking for someone with:
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Strong written communication skills with the ability to personalise responses
• Problem Solving, identifying issues
What we can offer you:
• Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
• A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
• Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
• Discounts on gym membership
• Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
• Annual season ticket loan (on completion of your probation period)
• Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
• Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
• Cycle to work scheme (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
• Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
Project Assistant: To support Scotland’s International Development Alliance in the delivery of capacity building activities for small, civil society organisations across Scotland. To strategically support the Alliance’s digital communication with member organisations, to administer various online and in person training events and to assist in the collection of reporting data for the purposes of monitoring and evaluation.
Scotland's International Development Alliance is the membership body for everyone committed to creating a fairer world, free from poverty, injustice and environmental threats. We exist to improve the capacity, influence and effectiveness of the sector in Scotland through providing opportunities for networking, debate, training and promotion of good practice. We are recruiting a full time Project Assistant to support this work.
Location: Currently home working - future location at The Alliance office in Edinburgh.