Team Jak are a Scottish charity providing practical, social and emotional support to children and young people with cancer, their family and friends and those bereaved through Jak’s Den in Livingston and pop up Dens in Aberdeen and North of Scotland, Fife and Dundee and Lothian and Borders with hospital outreach in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen.
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced fundraiser to join our Fundraising Co-ordinator to continue to expand our charity throughout Scotland and further develop and sustain meaningful relationships within the community and local businesses.
This exciting Relationship Coordinator role will be up to 5 days per week and will be based at Livingston although frequent travel within the area and some work in Aberdeen is expected. You will be expected to use your initiative and manage your own diary along with liaising with our Fundraising Coordinator.
Salary: £21-23,000 depending on experience. Certificate in Fundraising preferred.
• To target key local communities with the aim of securing support by local groups. Such groups will include local churches, Rotary clubs and other community based clubs and associations
• To set up and develop new ‘TJ Ambassador’ groups who will establish fundraising support for the charity in the heart of local communities with a regular calendar of events
• To promote existing activities to local communities, including:
Raffles / Lotteries
Den Events and Challenges
• To secure partnerships with small and medium sized corporates and support their giving through staff fundraising, payroll giving and foundations.
• To help support online social media promotion and support of events and fundraisers within communities, with the aim of creating better engagement and attracting new supporters
• To represent and proactively promote the Den within the local community with talks, cheque presentations and appearances to a high standard as required
• To specifically target the younger potential fundraising audience
• To ensure that record keeping is efficient and effective, to keep up to date information on existing supporters and ensure that banking and thanking for community donations is processed within 5 working days of receipt of funds
• To actively use existing database information to help targeted Fundraising
This is an exciting and demanding role and we are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
• A professional approach with excellent interpersonal skills
• Have the ability to liaise effectively and establish good working relationships
• Computer literate
• Community fundraising experience
•Knowledge of Corporate Fundraising and willingness to embrace this area
• Other fundraising and relations activities as required We are looking for candidates with a real can-do attitude that have the energy, drive and enthusiasm to be the face of the charity in the local communities we serve.
• Being a driver with a car is essential
•MINstF or similar qualification preferred
•Proven track record in successful fundraising required
• Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required
To apply please send your cv and cover letter to-