Join deafPLUS Advice Line Team and Provide Support to Deaf people in Scotland and Northern Ireland!
It’s an exciting time to join the deafPLUS team as we expand and improve our Advice Line. It is the first point of contact for Deaf British Sign Language users to obtain accessible face to face advice over online video. The service will also provide accessible advice via text chat and email.
· To provide an Information & Advice service to Deaf BSL /ISL users in Scotland and Northern Ireland via the deafPLUS Advice Line via video call.
· To deliver Information & Advice via text chat and email for deaf individuals who do not use sign language.
· To monitor and review advice resource (internal advice base and external sources of advice) on an ongoing basis, suggesting and making improvements as necessary and advising on the potential for further Advice Line development areas.
About You - if you have:
1. Ability to communicate with deaf people - either as a BSL user or have Level 6 BSL skills or equivalent. Should also have good practical knowledge of Irish Sign Language (ISL)
2. Good communication, presentational and motivational skills, in person and written form.
3. At least 2 years experience of providing Information, Advice & Casework.
4. This experience must also include a substantial element of in-depth casework on all aspects of welfare benefits advice.
5. Understanding of welfare benefits, debt, housing and consumer care.
Then we want to hear from you!
Closing date: 19 August 2019
To Apply: Please send your CV to email@example.com with a covering letter explaining why you are a great candidate for this role.