LEAP Car Club gives you all the convenience of a car without the hassle and expense of owning one. A community, not
for profit club, we have cars parked centrally in Linwood, Lochwinnoch and soon in Johnstone, that can be hired
for as little – or as long as you want, with access to the cars 24 hours a day. Cars can be booked online at a
moments notice or booked up to 6 months in advance.
LEAP Car Club are adding this role to its existing team to assist its delivery of new zero-emission Car Clubs (15-20
Mins from Glasgow) in Linwood and Johnstone for Linstone Housing Association through the Energy Saving
Trust's Plugged In Households Programme.
The purpose of the role is to engage with, and market to, Linstone Tenants and the wider community in these new
locations in order to increase Car Club membership and usage. Most of the work undertaken will be in Linwood and
Johnstone, LEAP's Office in Bridge of Weir and occasionally Lochwinnoch.
LEAP car Club was launched by Local Energy Action Plan (LEAP) SCIO in 2012. LEAP is the organisation that manages
LEAP Car Club as part of our work with sustainable transport. LEAP Car Club also secured funding for an e-bike
initiate where LEAP will help increase the number of people on ebikes as a mode of travel. LEAP work in
sustainable transport, energy efficiency, waste reduction and run a number of social enterprise initiatives
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively communicate the personal, financial and community benefits of shared transport and zero-emission
vehicles to a new audience.
- Organise, attend and deliver outreach events
- Lead focus
- Make presentations
- Deliver marketing and communications - online and print
in partnership with Linstone Housing Association and Linstone 20/20, Local Authorities and key
- Manage inbound enquiries via drop-in, face to face, phone, messenger
- Complete new
member signups and demonstrating car booking, pickup and charging.
- Liaise regularly with Line Manager
and other Contractors by meetings, email, phone and text. Maintain a diary and timesheets
- Support basic
operations of the Car Club as required.
- Targets may include: leads, engagements, impressions, reach,
number of events
- At all times be enthusiastic and encouraging about the value and benefit of making
behaviour and structural changes to reduce the amount of CO2 released from day to day activities, particularly
through transport and travel.
Community Engagement Officer will report to the Car Club Coordinator and work in a team with other contractors.
The contract is for a period of 1 year with the potential to extend.
- Experience in marketing and/or community engagement
- Must have had a driver's licence for at least
two years and it should have a clean (or no more than 6pts).
- Will have to complete Disclosure
- Must be flexible and able to work occasional weekends
- Excellent verbal communication
- Ability to communicate to people from a variety of socio-economic
- Self-motivated and tenacious, able to motivate others
- Consistent and thorough
approach to work with an eye for detail.
- Proven completer
- Self-starter / work with a minimum
amount of supervision
- Seeks feedback and constructive criticism
- Takes responsibility for
- Possess a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Takes pride in a job well done
- Confidence and
ability to clearly articulate information
- Marketing and/or Community Engagement qualifications
- Interest in shared transport and sustainability
- Good understanding of how energy is consumed in the home & through transport
- Experience in motivating individuals to change their behaviours
- Good understanding of how to reduce domestic transport energy consumption using technology and behaviour change
- Understanding of the Third Sector
- Experience of Facebook Ads
- Experience of developing and working with databases and/or excel spreadsheets
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign or similar
- Access to laptop/computer, and car
- Available to commence work immediately
Application Closing Date: 12pm, 21st June 2019
Interview Dates: 28th June 2019