Are you interested in working in a creative, friendly community set in a beautiful physical environment? Tiphereth is
a Camphill community on the edge of the Pentland hills in the
Colinton area of Edinburgh. Our day service is currently recruiting for Full-Time staff with skills and interests in
gardening or woodwork or craft work, and have experience of supporting people. Working in a person-centred way,
Co-Workers support adults with learning disabilities to develop practical and social skills in different work
environments. The focus of the role is on realising and nurturing the potential skills of each individual,
whilst making the work enjoyable for our members.We also support our members to work in our social enterprise
producing and delivering compost and firewood.
- 36 days leave, 31 fixed and 5 flexible; increasing every 2 years to 40 days after 8 years service
to Friday hours, 8.55am to 4pm, 5pm on two days.
- 5% employers pension contribution
professional development opportunities including 4 staff training days per year
- Opportunity to
contribute to a developing service and learn and develop creative skills
- Beautiful, outdoor based work
setting on the edge of the Pentland Hills
- Weekly staff meetings, and monthly taskforce and Camphill
- Opportunity to keywork, develop plans and take part in reviews
- Opportunity to
belong to a Camphill community which has 3 residential houses, 10 supported living tenancies, and social
enterprises alongside the day service.
We invite applications from people who:
- Share our belief in the uniqueness of each person; the value of meaningful work; shared lives in community and working professionally.
- Can uphold our working model based on social pedagogy and social therapy
- Have experience of supporting adults with learning disabilities and autism
- Have a positive and respectful approach in their interactions with people
- Can work well in a team
- Are good listeners, communicate clearly, and think creatively.
- Have some interest, skill or experience in at least one of our work areas
To apply please complete an application form ( CV’s not accepted) available on our website and return to
email@example.com by 9am, 29th April.
We are also recruiting Relief Co-Workers (£9.00 per hour)