A fantastic opportunity has arisen with high-profile health focused charity for a Major Gifts, Philanthropy &
Partnerships Manager. We are seeking a tenacious and strategically-minded individual with experience of the full
solicitation cycle, including innovation in thanking and stewardship of donors.
Working collaboratively with senior members across the organisation you will be instrumental in the recruitment and
stewardship of high-level supporters, with emphasis on utilising their networks and furthering their fundraising
propositions to the charity. In this post you will develop and implement an effective Philanthropy strategy to
grow income in line with the charity's overall strategy.
You will have a breadth of experience in account management, networking and building great rapport with a range of
donors and influencers. You will also have a proven track record in working with high net worth individuals and
delivering passionate, bespoke asks to attract mid-high level donations.
- Lead and develop the prospect plan, building a caseload of potential supporters, taking initiative and driving
forward communications to engage new philanthropists.
- Develop strategic, two-way relationships with key
donors and their relationship leads, providing them with the highest level of supporter care and
- Offer bespoke communication and presentation of the charity’s work to
- Invite donors and host donors at appropriate high level events.
- Create bespoke high
level events for all donors ranging from large receptions, strategy discussions and intimate dinners.
responsible for own financial monitoring and targeting and contributing to planning and forecasting as
- Actively support the charity’s annual and long term strategic plan.
- Responsible for
the ownership, development and management of the Philanthropy strategy, and a delegated budget.
incoming donations on a regular basis.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Partnerships and Philanthropy
team can identify and enhance any potential new prospects and solicitation planning opportunities.
- Degree qualified or equivalent.
- Line Management experience.
- Relevant experience of working within the fundraising sector and evidence of a high level of knowledge of the legislative and regulatory framework, for fundraising within Scotland or other professional discipline.
- Evidence of advanced level of communication skills, being able to represent the interests of the organisation at all levels and positively influence internal and external contacts.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to talk confidently over the phone and at meetings with a professional and confident approach maintaining confidentiality.
- Experience of formulating and implementing departmental and organisational business plans.
- Experience of developing and leading projects within an organisation.
- Demonstrable experience of managing multiple projects.
- Demonstrable experience of developing and sustaining relationships with individuals.
- Relevant experience of managing volunteers within a volunteer-supported environment.
- Strong IT skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar packages and Raiser’s Edge database system.
Closing Date: 16th November
Please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org