We are looking for someone with a can-do attitude to take responsibility for the effective development and overall
management of the SDS development programme, including:
- Ongoing design and development of the programme and all of the activities within it to respond to the
aspirations and needs of its participants
- Management, support and supervision, and development of staff
and volunteers to achieve the above
- Ensuring that the programme is fully integrated within LCiL and
LCiL’s core services
- Overseeing the use of action research and action learning to monitor progress and
further develop the programme;
- Ensuring that knowledge and experience gained are disseminated within
LCiL and to other organisations working in the field, especially other Disabled People’s
LCIL is looking for someone with:
- Understanding of person centred working
- Understanding of Independent Living philosophy and Social Model
- Experience of facilitating groups to make their own decisions and direct their own
- Experience of designing and delivering workshops and events
- Knowledge of SDS strategy,
legislation and health and social care processes
We offer generous pension & death in service schemes, as well as a supportive working environment.
Application packs available by Tel: 0131 475 2350. Or download from lothiancil.org.uk
Closing date 9am Monday 26th November 2018.
LCIL is an equal opportunities employer. Applications from disabled people are particularly welcome.
A company Limited by Guarantee. Registered in Scotland 129392. Charity No SC/017954