Glencassels Community Development Project (GCDP) is a well-established project located in the housing scheme of Craigneuk, near to Wishaw. This small Neighbourhood Centre, known locally as ‘The Venny’, presently provides a range of recreational, social and educational programmes for children, young people and adults. We believe that it has the potential to make an even greater contribution to this community and as part of fulfilling this vision we seek a suitably qualified and experienced Youth and Community Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to join a Community Organisation as it begins a new phase in its development. The post has been established through a partnership between Glencassels Community Development Project and Craigneuk and Belhaven Parish Church. It is funded for three years by Go For It (Church of Scotland) and The Robertson Trust.
The Youth and Community Manager will work with the Board and in collaboration with the local community in developing the GCDP (The Venny) as a key resource for children, young people and adults living in Craigneuk.
The Youth and Community Manager will have responsibility for:
· The day to day administration of the Centre, its people and finances.
· Promoting the Centre within the community of Craigneuk as a place of hospitality and opportunity, with the aim of increasing participation and usage.
· Developing a range of high quality programmes and activities which will serve to develop skills, confidence, resilience and health and wellbeing for children and young people.
· Ensuring that the Centre complies with all legal requirements including Safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults, Health and Safety and Risk Management.
· Working in collaboration with the Community Development Worker employed by the Church of Scotland.
· Recruitment, training, support and management of a small team of part time staff and volunteers.
· Developing partnership working with Agencies and Projects which share our values.
Qualifications, Professional Skills and Personal Qualities
The person appointed is likely to be educated to Degree standard with relevant professional qualifications and experience. She/he will have administrative and financial management experience appropriate to the running of a Neighbourhood Centre, high level skills in working with children and young people, a track record of working effectively within local communities, experience of working collaboratively within a team, an understanding of how poverty impacts on people’s lives in Scotland today and an ability to quickly gain the respect and confidence of professional agencies. We are looking for a highly motivated, creative and enthusiastic person with strong organisational skills who is able to work independently and relate positively to people of all ages and backgrounds.
Apply with CV and covering letter outlining how you meet the post requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date: 30 September 2019