As a Personal Assistant, your role is to enable the employer, a young disabled man and powerchair-user to pursue his
interests and live independently. You will be working in a variety of settings and shift times, being flexible
- Assist the employer with a range of activities, including attending courses, volunteering, work, meeting
friends, going to the cinema, for a walk, etc.
- Assist the employer with transport, including driving the
employer’s adapted van.
- Assist the employer with cleaning, laundry, shopping and other domestic
- Assist the employer with eating, drinking, preparing and cooking food.
- Assist the
employer with dressing, personal care, showering and toileting, including use of a ceiling hoist for
Skills & Personal Qualities
- Understanding, positive, easy-going and able to assume a background role to allow the employer privacy and
autonomy, remaining professional at all times.
- Punctual, reliable and well-organised, with excellent
- Awareness of the social model of disability and interest in disability
- Previous experience supporting a disabled person is essential.
- Good physical health and
fitness is essential, as personal care duties may be challenging.
- Driving licence valid in the UK is
- Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme membership is essential.
- Opportunity is open to both male and female applicants.
- Employment is dependent upon the successful completion of two paid trial shifts.
- Training is provided.
To apply for this position, email your completed application form or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org