MAF Scotland - we are hiring!
In order to position ourselves for the future, MAF UK based in Glasgow are expanding and restructuring their Scottish
team. We are now seeking passionate, talented, and creative individuals who can help us grow our profile and
supporter awareness networks in Scotland.
We are looking for a full time Assistant Head of MAF Scotland to join the team.
MAF (Mission Aviation Fellowship) is a dynamic Christian aviation charity, operating 130 light aircraft in around 25
developing countries. Soaring over deserts, jungles and mountains, we bring help to some of the most isolated
communities on earth. In the UK, MAF is a registered charity funded by voluntary donations which help finance
the work of MAF worldwide.
Reporting to the Head of MAF Scotland, this role is aimed at highly collaborative team players, who will deliver in
their areas of responsibility helping to organise and deliver events, coordinate volunteers, connect with our
head office and overseas missionaries, and deliver MAF Youth activities.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding communicator and influencer, passionate about the work of MAF with a
strong ability to plan, organise and prioritise tasks, projects or events as well as engage, enthuse and
This role will be responsible for supporting the Head of MAF Scotland in the delivery of the MAF Scotland strategy to
raise awareness and the profile of MAF UK in Scotland in order to inspire people to pray, encourage people to
serve overseas and engage people to give.
There is an occupational requirement for the job holder of this position to be a committed Christian. Additional
information is available on request.
- Develop, maintain and grow relationships with key people particularly within senior church leadership of
emerging and new expression churches, to expand our existing base of supporters and church partnerships,
ensuring this is in accordance with the UK Church Engagement Strategy.
- To be actively involved in new
church engagement, through delivering presentations and representing MAF at Christian events.
- Lead and
manage the MAF in the Community team of staff, and working with the Volunteers Manager, oversee the Volunteer
Programme, in order to provide a high-quality service to supporters, Church and other organisations that embrace
the values and beliefs of MAF.
- Work with the Head of MAF Scotland and the UK Major Giving Team to
establish and develop a business corporate strategy for Scotland to allow the Business Club to grow
- To work collaboratively and harmoniously with all other MAF UK teams helping processes and
procedures to work efficiently and effectively.
- To take part in the preparation, development and
management of the Scottish budget to ensure efficient use of resources in the absence of the Head of
- To support the Head of MAF Scotland in all aspects of MAF Scotland and act as a deputy in the
absence of the Head of MAF Scotland when occasions arise.
Required skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, possibly with a management/ business or post graduate qualification in
volunteer management or charity fundraising or marketing.
- Proven experience in a management role
including strategic planning, people and financial management
- Proven experience of corporate
- Proven experience of leading a team
- Proven ability to represent an organisation and
developing awareness of it through communication with a variety of people, group
- Experience of setting
and controlling budgets
- Thorough, up to date knowledge and understanding of the broad Scottish church
constituency and politics within Scotland
- Ability to communicate clearly, assertively, and
diplomatically at all levels in group and one- to- one setting
- Ability to plan and work
- Ability to influence at all levels within a complex stakeholder
- Ability to supervise, motivate and envision team members
- Willingness and ability to
work within organisational guidelines and corporate objectives
- Annual salary £36,500 per annum.
- 22 days annual leave plus 9 bank holidays per year
- Additional paid leave between Christmas and the New Year office closure.
- MAF UK provides a non-contributory pension scheme for staff of 10% salary on joining.
How to apply: To request specific role information and an application pack go to
maf-uk.org/jobs/positions-vacant for full details.
Closing date: Friday, 11th October 2019, 5pm
Interview dates: Monday, 28th- Thursday, 31st October