At Beatson Cancer Charity we support and enhance the treatment, care and wellbeing of current, former and future cancer patients and their families. We work in partnership with the NHS, The Beatson West of Scotland Cancer Centre and all related facilities. We also offer the wider community a unique opportunity to contribute to the fight against cancer in the broadest possible sense.
We are currently seeking an experienced Marketing & Communications Manager to lead and manage the marketing and communications team and to take ultimate responsibility for all marketing and communication activities within the Charity. This will include liaising with the Charity’s Senior Leadership Team to identify strategic priorities and objectives thereby developing the marketing and communications strategy.
• Responsible for developing and executing integrated marketing and communications activities that support the delivery of the Charity’s strategic objectives.
• Advising the CEO on, and implementing, the long term agreed marketing and communications strategy to build brand awareness, market services and facilities, communicate programmes and fundraising activities, and impact to all audiences.
• Working in partnerships with colleagues across the organisation to develop communications and marketing plans to support their objectives.
• With a particular focus on developing integrated marketing and communications by supporting the Fundraising team.
• Provide support in the digital transformation of the Charity to help develop and invest in online and social media options for offering support, services and fundraising activities.
• Responsibility for performance, direction, delivery, staff, monitoring and evaluation of the department.
• Managing workload, prioritising and scheduling activities in order to meet deadlines through multiple different marketing and communications activities.
• Work with Senior Leaders to develop annual marketing plans and create a calendar of campaigns and events.
• Establish and communicate the key messages and objectives of the Charity to promote a positive reputation and image.
• Deliver marketing and communications strategy in order to help engage, motivate and inform employees and volunteers.
• At least eight years of marketing and communications experience working on multi-channel output.
• Experience of developing strategy and managing budgets.
• Experience of managing staff and developing a successful team.
• Desirable experience of working in the Charity and fundraising landscapes.
• Knowledge and experience of implementing communications and marketing strategy.
• Excellent project and time management with an ability to work collaboratively across departments and functions.
• A commitment to continuous improvement, with a positive attitude and flexible approach.
• Experience of working with senior stakeholders, managing relationships and influencing decision making.
• A commitment to the vision, mission and ethos of the Charity.
• Desirable experience of working with patients and families to produce marketing and communications materials.
• An appreciation of the sensitives of working for a Charity, where reputation and local support are as important as the care and quality of the services delivered.
• Ability to monitor and report impact of all marketing and communications activities.
• Willingness to contribute to priority projects and demanding requests, in some case out with core business hours.
What to expect from us:
• Contract Full time, permanent
• Hours 35 hours per week with flexibility to support needs of the Charity
• Annual Leave 40 days per annum (inclusive of Public Holidays)
• Pension 7% employer and 3% employee contribution
Closing Date: Friday 3 January 2020
Interview date: Friday 10 January 2020
If you are interested in this role and have the relevant skills and experience, please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Beatson Cancer Charity is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to employing a wide range of employees who are reflective of the diverse community that we support.