SCAN Seeks New Chair
• Are you passionate about the power of contemporary visual art to open up new ways of seeing the world?
• Do you have a contacts book that you can draw upon to help us advocate for the vital role that art plays in a future vibrant Scotland?
• Are you committed to breaking down barriers to build a contemporary art workforce that is diverse and representative of the communities in which we live?
Scottish Contemporary Art Network (SCAN) is committed to championing and supporting the contemporary art sector in Scotland. Our vision is that the role, impact and benefits of contemporary visual arts are widely recognised as central to society and that sector professionals based in Scotland are informed, innovative and supported to achieve their ambitions.
We seek a new chair at an exciting time, as we launch a fresh programme for 2020/21 and continue to build a stronger voice for the contemporary visual art sector in Scotland.
You should be able to attend a minimum of four meetings per year, as well as provide one-to-one advice and support for the small SCAN staff team.
Your role will be central to the organisation, to fulfil the following core duties:
• Provide strategic leadership
• Oversee board activity
• Support and supervise SCAN Director
• Act as a representative of the organisation
We welcome and encourage applications from all sections of the community, and will not discriminate on grounds of race, colour, ethnic or national origins, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religious beliefs. To help us monitor our performance we ask you to fill in a confidential monitoring form.
For application details go to: sca-net.org/news-feed/view/scan-seeks-new-chair
Closing date: Monday 2 March, 2020
Interviews: Monday 9 March, 2020 in Glasgow