SAMH has a well established reputation for delivering excellent support to people with mental health problems throughout Dundee. As part of our continued growth in the city, we are working within a purpose built specialist supported accommodation project in the heart of the city. We are seeking outstanding and motivated people to deliver the service and provide support to people with enduring mental illnesses and complex needs to regain their independence and improve their self-resilience and self-management skills.
The Senior Practitioner will play an important part in establishing ongoing relationships between staff and service users.
The Senior practitioner will;
• Provide direction and guidance to a team of Practitioners supporting individuals in the accommodation to improve their mental health and wellbeing.
• Work with service users to define their own action plans and coordinate, evaluate and review this support
• Provide practice supervision and mentorship to Practitioner staff within the team.
• Be responsible for the Co-ordination, assessments, monitoring and review for individuals using the service,
• Act as the key contact and develop positive relationships with individuals, families, multi-agency teams and communities.
As the post will involve a variety of shift patterns including evening, weekends, waking night shift and on-calls. You will be flexible in the hours and shifts you are available to work.
The successful candidate will ideally hold a SVQ3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent.
Closing date for all applications will be Monday 09th March 2020 at 12 noon.
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 17th March 2020
PVG Scheme Membership, a Right to Work in the UK check and proof of qualifications declared on the application form are required.
Applications are welcome from people who have experienced mental health difficulties.
Application forms, job descriptions and guidelines are available to download from our website samh.org.uk.
Please note that your application should be completed electronically and emailed back to firstname.lastname@example.org, no other form of application will be accepted.