As part of the Senior Management team you will be responsible for ensuring The Bike Station achieves its commercial
income targets. You will lead on the development of new business and sales opportunities, providing detailed
information on clear commercial value. Responsible for the success of the Edinburgh, Perth and Dundee retail
environments. In collaboration with the Senior Management team, provide direction and support to the on-site
Coordinators to ensure the effective coordination of day to day activities.
- Develop and implement long term commercial income strategies in support of the charity’s overall strategic
- Development of new business opportunities, demonstrating commercial value, a clear business case
and how it furthers The Bike Station’s charitable objectives.
- Work in collaboration with Communications
and Marketing Manager to support effective external communication and marketing strategies.
for multi-site achievement of retail and sales targets across the organisation.
- Presentation of
alternative sale options for refurbished bikes including pop-up sales, hub and spokes
- Development and maintenance of local partnerships including commercial, third sector and active
travel stakeholders in Perth, Edinburgh and Dundee.
- In collaboration with the Production Manager
develop, coordinate and deliver sales and new product training to the Production team.
- Oversee the
activity of the Cycle Friendly Award Officers, developing new business opportunities as a result of their
- Oversee the development, coordination and successful delivery of commercial offerings,
including but not limited to commercial Dr Bike.
- Oversee the activity of local Coordinators, supporting
the achievement of targets, delivering sales and new product training.
- In collaboration with the Senior
Management team, provide direction and support to the on-site Coordinators to ensure the effective coordinators
of day to day activities.
- Development of corporate partnerships to further our commercial and charitable
- Other duties as required.
- Proven track record of a successful sales growth strategy within a local retail and sales
- Experience of
developing new and commercial business opportunities
- Significant commercial experience within the
bicycle trade (or equivalent) , including sales, and securing new products for sale
- Proven experience
with accurate sales forecasting, costing and budgeting
- Strong partnership development, including from
commercial, public and third sector organisation
- Experience of multi-site line management, motivating
and supporting teams.
- Demonstrable experience of maintaining core organisational values when developing
- Good understanding of the third sector and the financial challenges within the
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good financial acumen and commercial business sense
- An entrepreneurial approach
- Strong business minded individual with a desire to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Great interpersonal skills needed to understand dealers needs as well as develop and maintain positive working.
- Efficient time management is essential to effectively carry out the role.
Closing date: 4th April 2020
Please email completed application forms firstname.lastname@example.org