A unique opportunity has arisen for an experienced Head of Funding Programmes with Edinburgh & Lothians Health Foundation (ELHF).
Alan Surgeon at AWS is the retained consultant for this position.
Background to the ELHF:
Everything we do is to improve people’s health and wellbeing. We work in partnership with NHS Lothian and other health-related organisations. Together we enhance the experience of patients, families, carers and staff across Edinburgh, Midlothian, East Lothian and West Lothian.
We award grants to wards and hospitals to help save lives, improve the quality of life, support education, innovation and equipment. We support some of the best researchers in the world who are working hard to fight, treat and cure many health conditions through innovative new ways.
We also have three main programmes throughout all the healthcare settings:
Tonic arts – We support live music, patient workshops, exhibitions and artworks and therapeutic design throughout all our sites. We know how much our environment and surroundings can have an impact on how we feel but did you know that it can also help patients recover more quickly?
Green health – Fresh air, open spaces and places to sit and walk help all of us in our emotional and physical wellbeing. We support green health activities including therapeutic gardening, community gardens, public greenspaces and health walks across all sites.
Volunteering well – We are the main funder of NHS Lothian’s Volunteering Well programme. This supports all the amazing volunteers who give their time, expertise and compassion in many ways including befriending, transport, and giving information and support to patients and their loved ones.
Working closely with the Director and Senior Management Team (SMT), take a lead in forging strong working relationships with key stakeholders and ensuring the Foundation’s funding priorities are closely aligned with the strategic priorities of NHS Lothian.
To be responsible for the effective development and delivery of the Foundation’s Grant making Strategy and the management, development and evaluation of the portfolio of funding programmes.
Oversee the effective management and control of Specific Funds in close liaison with the finance and fundraising teams, and NHS Lothian’s senior management and clinical leadership.
Develop and direct an appropriately skilled staff resource and provide support and effective management of the funding and grants team to deliver funding objectives and impact measurement and reporting.
· Educated to degree standard or equivalent professional experience.
· MBA or other relevant professional qualification or equivalent levels of experience.
· Senior level experience required in the following areas: project management / delivery, grants management and administration, developing and implementing effective grant programmes or projects, report writing, impact evaluation.
· Experience of and confident in using / managing online grant application and project management software.
· Experience of working in a charity specifically within a healthcare or medical research setting.
· Experience of effectively communicating clinical or scientific information to a lay audience.
· Experience of recruiting and managing staff teams and working with contracted staff and agencies.
· Strong leadership and management skills, able to negotiate, collaborate and work constructively across organisational boundaries.
· High degree of numeracy and analytical skills (specifically proposal assessment, project evaluation and grant programme statistical analysis).
· Excellent report designing and writing skills, and able to coach others in writing quality
proposals and evaluation reports.
· Strong organisational skills to manage a varied workload and ensure competing priorities are achieved to agreed timescales.
**Please note that the salary stated is non-negotiable and interviews may take place via Zoom**
For further information please email: Alan Surgeon at AWS firstname.lastname@example.org
*** Due to the potential high volume of applicants only those shortlisted will be contacted to proceed to application stage. Please do not complete any application pack unless you have been shortlisted by AWS ***